Saturday, October 25, 2008

WARNING

WARNING...mothers reading this post may feel a strong sense of inadequacy and jealousy because Mary just told me that I am like the coolest mom ever and after you hear about the birthday party I threw her you might feel the same. With Mary's birthday only two days before Halloween you'd think we'd have thrown her a Halloween party by now, but princess and make up parties kept getting in the way, but not this year. Mary requested a Halloween bash and that is exactly what she got! (Nothing but the best for our little princess.)


For starters you need to have a cool barn for the proper setting. Lucky for us, my friend Emily has a really cool barn (this isn't like a gross animal barn...it's like a cool party barn...have I mentioned that it's cool?)



















(I forgot to take pictures of the outside of the barn...a different post)












And then of course, you need a really scary witch that can make a really good concoction of chicken toenails and bat wings and even bring a few kids to tears (it's true).

The witch is none other than Grandma Heder! Heder Boys...ever wonder where you got your flair for drama? Look no further than your own mother! No joke...she was good...a real genuine cackle. Oh and yes, Jason had plenty of obvious mother in law/ witch jokes (didn't see that coming).


Then there were plenty of appropriate fall time activities...


There were donuts on a string...



and apple bobbing...

don't forget the fun costumes...


Alexis, Sydney, Hannah & Annika






Here is your hostess with the mostess, in costume as a tribute to the guest of honor...Mary (my favorite line was "Third grade and Hannah Montana are awesome!")


Here we have Sarah and Abby Dixon dressed as prom queens and that is Jaykob as Elvis. Sarah & Abby surprised Mary with tickets to High School Musical On Ice and they whisked her away right after the party.

How cute...my little black cat holding a little black cat.



And here is my cute little white cat.


It was a birthday party and so there were presents, cake & pizza...

Mary was very spoiled by her friends with a lot of fun presents! She got several Webkinz? They are little stuffed animals that you can register online and play online games with, etc. I'm rolling my eyes, but in reality I'm thinking "why didn't I think of that?"





Mary is blowing out the candles on her tower of cupcakes. We are covering our ears because all the guests were singing an extra loud version of "Happy Birthday".



What a cute birthday girl!!!

So there you have it moms...I know, I know, you're all thinking how are you ever going to live up to this. You can't say I didn't warn you.

Let's get real though. I actually didn't have to do much. My friend Emily provided the barn, my friend Melissa brought the decorations, my friend Heidi decorated the cupcakes and my mom provided the entertainment. All I did was stretch out my daughter's new Hannah Montana t-shirt. Luckily, she still thinks that I'm like the bestest mom ever. Let me bask in it while it lasts.

11 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

You ARE the hostess with the mostess! What a great party! I love that picture of you in your Hannah Montana shirt. Funny! Helen looks amazing! I can't believe that's her! Seriously. Great costume. Mary IS spoiled by having a mom like you. She's a lucky girl!

Jennifer said...

I don't buy the "I didn't do much" for a minute--it would be a huge undertaking to organize a bash like that! I am soo impressed; your leadership skills have really come home to roost, so to speak. Your costume was priceless! And you're so cute! Mary is truly lucky to have you for her mom--she will remember this birthday forever--really! Great job, supermom!

Oh, and give props to your mom. Wicked!!

Emily said...

We had a great time....and now I have an infamous party at our barn under the belt. Looking forward to our Adult bash on Saturday! But I expect a different costume.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great party with lots of fun for everyone.

Noelle said...

I won't even bother trying to live up to the expectations you've set! I just take my kids to the bowling alley or somewhere where they will clean up after we leave! It looks like SUCH a fun party. Tell Mary that I think her mom looks HOT in that Hannah Montana t-shirt!

Melissa said...

It was a fun party...I came home exhausted and I just watched you do all the work!

Beth said...

You are right, you are totally AWESOME! You gave me an idea, I might be Hannah Montana for the party now since you looked so cool. Super fun unforgettable birthday! You go super-mom!

Staci said...

It's hard to decide whether I am more jealous of you (the H w/ the M), or Mary (the blessed birthday girl).

I guess it's a toss up. The party looked just perfect! Congratulations!

Der Fanatiker said...

My favorite holiday as a kid was halloween, I would've totally loved a b-day party like this. Awesome indeed. Plus, your two little kitties (or is that kiddies) are just far too cute.

P.s. This is Josh Pond

Diana said...

That post was honestly just like you talking to me. That sounded sooooooooooooo much like you. you are funny. Great party- how lucky is Mary. I can't quite say the same for Madeline's first birthday... btw- Can you throw me a b-day party?

megadog said...

That sounds so fun. We'll have to bring Izzy to Oregon for her b-day on October 5th just so she can go to Mary's cooler than ever birthday party. Mom's everywhere step back-Rachel is on the move!