Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Rocks...



at least that's what Elvis said, as in our Jaykob dressed up as Elvis...

and there was Max who woke me up at 5:30 am on October 31st to ask, "How many more days until Halloween?"
Mary was a hippie and Clara was a kitty...



Grandma and Grandpa Short along with the Janeways, Jensens, Dixons and Updikes came over to have some yummy chili before we headed out the door for trick or treating. I must say that we really do have a fun neighborhood for trick or treating. We must have passed out 400 or more pieces of candy and the houses really get decked out. It rained all day until about 4:00 pm when it tuned a beautiful 65 degrees...perfect for trick or treating!




After settling the kids down from their sugar high, they went down to bed and Jason and I started the partying...okay we waited until Saturday night to don our costumes as we headed for the coolest Halloween party ever!!

Along with good friends, the Merritts, the Wolfes, the Updikes, the Laings and the Bakers, we spent the last two months planning the most anticipated spook alley/ party of the season ( at least in our minds that was the plan). The men conjured up enough animal bones and fake blood to pull off a very creepy spook alley and since I was too busy screaming and digging my nails into Stacey's arm, I didn't get any pictures. I know my bad, sorry, especially since it would have been nice to have some proof of my husband pulling off a very convincing acting job of being the patient getting his leg hacked off by the mad doctor. Yes, gross I know.

The ladies decorated the barn and planned the food. We had dancing, games, spook alley and food...and no kids...Fun for all!!! And of course there were the costumes...

Not meant to be, but scary nonetheless...this is supposed to be our attempt at Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone (from Anchorman)...I know I shouldn't even admit that that was what we were going for and just left it at...aren't we a cool couple from the 70s? Strangely, Jason really liked the feel of polyester...

Paisley and Chi Miller
Ben and Stacey Wolfe
Curtis & Amy Updike


Rockelle & Shawn Dixon (as Sharon & Ozzy)
Ryan & (pregnant) Heidi Janeway



Finn & Beth Schade

Learning the "Thriller" dance

the onlookers from the balcony where creepy movies were being played

Here's Emily ( I mean Marilyn) who so graciously let us use her barn and property for the event...she also happens to be a crazy dancer (crazy as in good!)

Good times for all...can't wait for next year!

9 comments:

Beth said...

The party looks awesome, the event of the century! And of course it was unbelieveable hard to get a babysitter. I had two cancel to go see Elder Oaks, (where are their priorities?) Glad you had a great time, you look great!

Smitty said...

WOW--that looks like the party to end all parties! I am fully expecting an invitation next year. And your costumes were fabulous! Where did you get that killer dress? And Jason looked dashing with that moustache!

I gotta say, though, I think Jaykob took the cake this year. Where in the world did you get his costume? You are the worlds most fun, creative mom--I can't believe you pulled this all off after Mary's big bash. Way to go, Rache! I bet you're so glad October is over.:)

Jennifer said...

Sorry, Rache, that last comment was from me!

Emily said...

So I am a crazy dancer huh!!! Thanks!! I think. I really appreciate the pic though, it makes me look skinny!! You are such a blast! We should go out on the town with our husbands some time and crash a cheesy nightclub!

Sarah Heder said...

Holy cow! That looks like the best Halloween ever!!! I LOVE Jaykob's costume. You and Jason look so funny and awesome. I can't get over your wig. You look so hot! Jason looks like a stud! I am so impressed!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Love the pix!! It was a killer party and so much fun to work with y'all. Maybe next year we won't have a General Authority trump us. It was a hit never-the-less. I mean we had duck fetus' for an appetizer. Yum!!

Janessa Couch said...

I got some pics of the haunted forest, they are posted to my blog. It was a fun night!

Max looks like the boy from the Christmas Story in his costume. Really cute!

megadog said...

A grown up party? I like that. No kids crying. No apple juice down your shirt. No boogers. Man-that sounds awesome. I need to get that going myself.

Rachel said...

younow I wanted to go to that party It looked fun why no kids love mary