Monday, January 25, 2010

My Creative Itch

It's winter which means I'm inside more which gives me that desire to make something...anything that might require scissors or a glue gun. It is time for the inner Martha Stewart that hibernates within me during the summer to be released.

Yeah right...I wish...I'm such a Martha Stewart wannabe (without the prison sentence part)...and if her "LIVING" magazine wasn't enough to make me feel like a completely inadequate "crafter", there are now a whole network of crafting bloggers out there that on a daily basis post their latest amazing creations. I could stop browsing through them and remain in my little world where I actually believe that I am the craftiest person on my block, but no...apparently I enjoy humiliation and pain.

But you know what, I just looked at the clock and realized that it is now officially my birthday and so for my birthday, I'm just going to play a little game of pretend. For one day, I want to pretend that my blog is one of those over the top really cute craft blogs and I'm going to post lots of really close up pictures of my "creations" (all of which have been copied from a magazine or blog, but never mind that) and my wish is for all my faithful followers to post a comment that says something like this,"Rachel, I wish I could be like you. No seriously, could you send me the tutorial for that craft because I want to make it so I can be just like you. Oh and P.S. you are so hot...you don't look a day past 18!" (Remember it's my birthday).
Thanksgiving place cardsRosettes that Sister in law, Diana, introduced to meChildren's thanksgiving tableNo, I did not make the ribbon, but it seems like "craft bloggers" all have close up pictures of their supplies which serves to remind you of how crafty we are.
Ornaments made for nieghbors/friends
more place cards

gift tags
Now that I've done that, all that time spent perusing hundreds of craft blogs has not been in vain, right? Never fear...there's more where that came from...Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I've got all kinds of ideas up my sleeve that I know you are just dying to see.
Yesterday, Jason reminded me in an oh so gentle way, that I have a knack for critical sarcasm. Could this be what he's talking about?



11 comments:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Rachel, I wish I could be like you. No seriously, could you send me the tutorial for that craft because I want to make it so I can be just like you. Oh and P.S. you are so hot...you don't look a day past 18!"

JK . . . I really would love the recipe to the pretzels. I didn't share any of them. I ate every single one over a 2 week period. LOVED THEM!!

Marcy said...

Rachel, I wish I could be as crafty as you are! I think you really don't give yourself enough credit. Some people don't get past buying the supplies for their craft (ME!!!!!)

Rockelle said...

Rachel...you dont look a day over 18. And by the way your ornament craft is incredible....I wish I had a little craft in me but Alas....I dont.
OH WELL

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Rache! (From the lamest friend ever.)

#1 You are a fabulous crafter--I've always envied your artistic talent; you take crafting above and beyond the "Molly" level to a whimsical, stylish, artsy level that I love! I really, really wish I had that gift.

#2 You are still totally hot, and would outdance those freshmen at Retrix any day (maybe we should take a road trip and try it sometime?)

#3 I really do wish you a happy birthday, and am so glad you and I made a no-guilt-about-remembering-each-other's-birthday a long time ago. I swear that's why we're still friends. :)

Love your blog! Miss you! Happy Birthday! Make Jason spoil you.

Jennifer said...

pact. I meant to say "no-guilt-about-remembering-each-other's-birthday-pact."

Sorry.

Has anyone else been doing laundry all day? Just wondering.

Sara said...

love it all. I would love to do that stuff! Something to brighten our basement apartment - I'll have to work on that. Thanks for the ideas!
ps you're definitely hot - lookin great as ever! Happy Birthday.

Arritt said...

Wow Rachel, you're so crafty... and hot- I wish I could be just like you!
I seriously love all your crafts and enjoyed this fun post. Good luck for all your V-day projects!

Staci said...

Rachel,

I do admire you and your many talents very much. I hope you had a really great birthday. Sorry I didn't call. I will try to call soon so we can catch up

Also- you are funny (and hot)).

Sarah Heder said...

Okay, Rachel, here's the deal. You actually could be just like all those other crafty blogs, if you just keep posting all the crafty stuff that you do. Because people will start to catch on quickly. For example, the ornaments you made are pretty amazing. Dedicate one post to a tutorial on how you made those ornaments. People like me will see it and want to copy it and then we will say where we got the tutorial from and then more people will see it and so on and so forth. Keep it up! Seriously, you can do it. You are the most talented and amazing crafter I have ever known. It is in you. You were born with it . . . in that hot body of yours. Now I sound creepy, but I wanted you to know that you're hot and beautiful and crafty --- a triple threat. So seriously, I need some ideas for Valentine's. Maybe something cute I could pass out to the kids in Josie's preschool class. Could you put up a Valentine craft post early with a tutorial for all us people out there like me who need the help?

megadog said...

Cute, CUTE items. It's nice that my birthday wish is only coming a month late too. AWESOME!
I think you should definitely continue on with the crafty blogger thing. It's working for you!

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)