Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas 2009 in Review

Our White Christmas came a few days late this year. Fine with me...kids got their day of fun in the snow and they didn't have to miss a second of school to do so...Yippee!!!
Mary made Jaykob this Blazer blanket.

Aunt Jeannie supplied my children with plenty of Webkinz this season...here is one of the many.




Clara is now well stocked with baby dolls and baby doll supplies.




New bike and sewing machine for Mary!






Sporting some new Christmas pajamas.




An airiel view of my living room on Christmas Eve. Believe me when I say that I had planned to have a spiritual tribute to our Savior and his birth on this night, but what you see here quickly turned into a large dog pile followed by a game of "who can throw the baby the highest". Why do I try so hard when I am fully aware of my family and their short limit of reverence?
On the 23rd, we headed up to the mountains for a day of tubing. We love this picture of Madeline in her girly snow outfit which includes an oh so cool batman hat.



Dan and Clementine








Tallulah










Max's snow suit is ready to be handed down.









Clara



Grandpa had a bit of fun setting up a train and snow village around the christmas tree this year. The kids loved it.


I didn't get the best picture, but there is mountain/tunnel that Grandpa, with the help of Mary, spent a whole weekend constructing. Matthew alos helped with the final touches.

Our tree this year. A little skinnier, but just as tall as last year, which is a good thing, since we weren't able to play the piano last year.
Taking the MAX train to downtown Portland to meet Grandma and Grandpa Short.
Trying to get a picture of the Short cousins on Santa's lap. As you can see, Cedruic and Julia were not interested.
Jaykob and Max were invited to join the mall carolers. I have to say that their version of "Rudolph" was not too shabby.




















4 comments:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

The picture of Clara watching the train is adorable!! Precious as can be. Loved the catch up! Happy Birthday!

Staci said...

Your home looks so beautiful, and perfectly Christmasy. It looks like a really fun and relaxing holiday!

Diana said...

WE LOVED spending Christmas with you guys! Especially the Christmas Eve dog pile!! Unforgettable!

Sarah Heder said...

Christmas was awesome this year and the drive up wasn't even that bad. I would so do it again in the future. The Christmas Eve dog pile was hilarious. I think we got it on video. I loved it! I am way behind on posting about our Christmas on my blog. I better get that up.