Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reason #6: Birthdays

Around here October is a busy birthday month. We start it out on the 1st with Clara's then my father in law's on the 19th, the 26th is my twin brothers, Dan and Jon, and then TODAY is Mary's. Happy Birthday everyone!


Mary has been having more of a "birthmonth" instead of a "birthday". We needed to get her out of the house for a couple of days to get her present ready, so back at the beginning of the month she headed to Grandma's house where she got treated to a fun shopping day (which included two new stylish outfits) and on her arrival home she was surprised with a Room Makeover! (Pictures will be posted later as we still have some final touches to finish up.)


The next week she was kidnapped, along with her best friend, Felicity (Felicity's birthday also happens to be in October), by Felicity's mom to a fun afternoon...

They started by getting manicures...


After the manicures, they went shopping for new matching Halloween shirts, headbands and earrings and then off to the Mexican restaurant for dinner.










Silly ten year olds...

Oh, and Mary lost a molar during dinner.
After dinner the girls came back to our place for brownies and a movie. Oh yeah...Saturday, prior to trick or treating, we will be having family gather to celebrate her birthday.

With all that said, when she requested cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning, I felt totally justified when I responded with, "How about toast?"

Kidding aside, I adore this girl. She is blooming with personality and has become so responsible. She is a top notch student and a huge help to me around the house. I'm a lucky mom! And bonus... now that she is officially ten it is legal for me to let her babysit her younger siblings while I run to the store. ( I was just giving her practice all those times before...shhh...).














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=winamp pro 5.36.1500 beta ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you use the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg