Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reason #4: Getting Scared

As if the size of my laundry pile isn't scary enough to make me run far far away, I still feel the need for a good frigtening this time of year. I'm always on the lookout for a good scary movie, but I have specific requirements...no slashers and nothing Satanic. No Exorcist or Freddy Krueger, thank you very much! Some that I have found that I will list for those interested are:

*The Others

*Watcher in the Woods

*Nightmare Before Christmas

*The Birds

*Something Wicked This Way Comes

*Witches

*The Village

*Sixth Sense

Please send me your reccomendations.

This year I also decided to revert back to my old college days and scope out a few local "spook alleys" in my ongoing quest for a good scare. My first attempt promised to be a real nail biter. A fun group of couples had dinner and then went to the fairgrounds to participate in "The Field of Fear". Unfortunately, the scariest thing about it was the $12 entrance fee we paid. In an effort to redeem myself I gathered several of my friends and on Monday evening, we snuck out of our house after the kids had gone to bed and headed to the Haunted Barn just a mile down the road. Goal accomplished! Laughter, screams and some serious heart palpitations occured. The "scarers" even agreed to pose for a picture with us...
Thanks ladies for humoring me! Happy Haunting everyone!

1 comment:

kathie said...

Grandma liked one of those above mentioned movies too only she called it Something Scary Comes This Way. Haha. I miss her!