Thursday, February 5, 2009

When I Grow Up...

I joined Max and his preschool class at the fire station last week and he assured me that being a firefighter would be his ultimate destination, but only after he put in his time as a policeman, Superman and Spiderman. When I asked him about a mission he said, "Oh, mom...I won't have time for that." Apparently, we don't see eye to eye on what it means to save the world.









Since we're on the subject of Max, my parents have begged me several times to write down some of Max's funnier moments. I hesitate to do this because it doesn't seem to have the same cuteness when you read it as when you saw him say it, but I will give it a go...


Story #1: One day coming home from preschool, Max tattled on a little boy named Hayden saying, "Hayden has a potty mouth! But don't worry mom, I only say good potty words like b-u-t-t." (Yes, he spelled it out. I'm pretty sure he didn't know what he was spelling, but since Jaykob says it that way, then it must be naughty...at least that's what I think is going through Max's head.)

#2: When Max is tired he seems to have a "problem" with his legs. One night I told him to go upstairs and go to bed and he whined and complained saying "my legs don't work". After some bribing/threatening (take your pick), Max was finally convinced that he had no choice. He may have admitted defeat, but he was determined to prove the disfunction of his legs and in quadripalegic style, he pulled his body with only his arms all the way up the stairs.


#3: Max: "Hey mom, I think you need to have 10 more kids."
Mom: "Why is that?"

Max:"So we can buy a limo!"

#4: Max has a fascination with rope, string, yarn, etc. It's possibilities are endless. He assumes that everyone must share his enthusiasm as well. So when one day Jason rewarded Max with a big ball of rope, Max ran across the street to his friend Renee's house and with ball of rope behind the back, he knocked on her door and when Renee's mom answered, Max said "Can Renee play?" and with the infamous devilish grin, he pulled said rope from behind the back and whispered, "I got rope". To Max's dismay, I don't think Renee fully appreciated the diverse uses of such a treasure, but the rest of us got a kick out of his enthusiasm.
To end this post, I will let Max share a little something special...

15 comments:

Noelle said...

Oh man, I'm in love with this kid. You know, he and Josh would get along GREAT!!

Janessa Couch said...

He needs to teach me some of his moves. :) He is a very funny kid.

Staci said...

So cute...now Jaykob will have a wingman.

Kris said...

RACHEL!!!! He is so dang cute!! Oh my goodness, I was just laughing hysterically reading this post. And then to top it off with his dance moves...oh my. I'm sure there's never a dull moment in your house. LOVE it.

Kris said...

Oh, one more thing...good luck with getting that limo. ;)

kate n. said...

Max is going to be smooth with the ladies! It seems Renee will need a little more time to catch on to his "smoothness" though.
I hate that I hate Sundays too. I end up putting in a lot of Church movies for the kids to watch. We try to play games together or go on a family walk. Sometimes that helps.

Sarah Heder said...

I was reading the Max stories out loud to Dan. We were both laughing out loud. Then I made Dan come over and watch the video with me. We were both laughing pretty hard at his robot dance. Then Dan said, "See, that's why I want boys." I said, "Sweetie, our girls are just as funny." Dan: "No, I want a boy." Sarah: "Well, sweetie, we may not be having one, so get use to the idea of another girl." So sad! If this third kid isn't a boy, we'll just have fun watching your boys!!!

Cali said...

Oh Max--he is such a heart warmer! What a great kid. I ran across your blog from Angela's--it is so good to see your family and to read about how you are doing! We loved living by you and really miss Banks and the people we met there.


I look forward to kepping in touch--so good to run across your blog!

Rockelle said...

Max is a winner. He is super fun of a kid. You are lucky with such happy go lucky kids, Rache!

Tonya said...

What a funny boy. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten. They are all just gorgeous.

Annette said...

I LOVE THE ROBOT!

Melissa said...

He is the cutest thing ever! I just love watching your kids they crack me up. My boys would completely understand the rope enthusiasm...I confiscated another shoe lace last night. It must be a boy thing.

Emily said...

The rope behind his back...laughing! I can only imagine what the mom was thinking!

megadog said...

That was really cute. He is one good break dancer. Addie always says, "5, 6, 7, 8" before you starts her dance moves.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh rachel, that robot is awesome! but i think my favorite part is just watching max's casual control/handling of the ipod