Wednesday, February 11, 2009

another Max story

Max cuddled up in bed with me early this morning and asked me, "Mom, who do you think built this house?" I said I wasn't to sure and so he asked me ,"Do you think it was George Washington?" I said that I don't think George Washington was alive during the building of our house, but I thought I would take advantage of a teaching opportunity and I asked him, "Do you know who George Washington was?" Max said, "Oh he was our first president." Slightly surprised by his quick answer, I decided to test just how far his knowledge went and I asked, "who is our president today?" Max answered, "Rock Obama!" Wow...I was a bit flabbergasted. I would like to tell everyone that I am the great mom who drills her four year old on U.S. history facts on a daily basis, but truth betold, I'm not and I was curious as to from where he retrieved his information. I was sure he would say he overheard me talking to Mary and Jaykob (because, as a matter of fact, I do talk to my older children about U.S. history facts), but when I asked him how he got so smart, he said, "TV!"

And there you have it folks.

9 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

See, tv does make you smart. I try to tell myself that as I am wasting away watching my favorite show.

kate n. said...

That's funny! Brooke was asking me questions like that the other day: Who built this house? Who built the chair? Who built my toys? My answers end up like this: the house builders, the chair builders, the toy builders. Yep, I'm expanding her little mind! Maybe I should just put her in front of the TV...

Diana said...

now I feel better for ploping Madeline in front of the boob tube while I'm cleaning up after breakfast and fixing dinner. Whew! I really am a good mom!
I also liked Max's line when you asked him where did he learn something, and he said "the monkey show". Lol.

Arritt said...

That's impressive! I often feel like I let Karter watch too much TV, but he does learn a lot (so, I can justify it as being okay). It would be fun if Max and Karter could play again. I remember as babies they got along well. :)

Annette said...

That is so funny! My mom use to say that if school was tv and music we all would have learned a lot more. Just think of all the lines people remember from movies!

Tonya said...

Who says that TV rots your brain? LOL. He's such a funny little guy. I won't be able to see our president now w/o thinking of "Rock Obama"

Helen said...

I just olove Max stories!!!

Sarah Heder said...

Hey, it's true --- TV and movies! Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure taught me a lot about history. Ha!

Jennifer said...

Ethan can't wait to play w/Max again soon. With escapades like these, can you blame him? And we ALL can't wait to see all of you!