Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Five minutes of peace

Ahhhhh...big sigh...I just returned from dropping Mary and Jaykob off at their first day of school and now I am able to sit down for five minutes and return from my month long blog hiatus and conjure up a post. Oh just kidding, Clara just woke up from her nap, I have a laundry pile the size of Everest, a pile of dishes the size of Mt. Hood and a to do list as long as the Nile oh and a bit of a knack for exageration as well. Thank goodness I blog so that I can remember that I can read and write and that all I gained from my bachelor's degree was not just what I learned from the Dorm 5 laundromat. I must run now, but at least I had this five minutes to let all my fans know that I am still blogging, in fact part of that to do list includes about five different posts including our annual camping trip and our first annual back to school Short family award ceremony (yes, it is as cool as it sounds). See you soon!!!

5 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

Rachel, you've been gone from the blogging world for so long and this is all I get?! That was a teaser! I want more! I can't wait to hear about the kids and your awards. You're such a creative Mom. I should do some of the things you do. I'm feeling lazy about Tallulah's first birthday which is coming up for Clara too. Any ideas? I'm serious! It's just a 1st birthday and I don't want to do something grand like I did for Josie's, but I still want Tallulah to feel special.

Tonya said...

Glad you are back. Look forward to reading more.

Jennifer said...

Rache, this post makes me feel better b/c I have about five posts going on in my head, but of course haven't taken the time to post them. I'm kinda hot and cold w/the blog thing--one week I love it, the next I'm ready to call it quits.

Am I the lamest mom ever for NOT posting about my kids' first day of school? It seemed like alot of work/pressure, so I just skipped it altogether.

I'll eat up any blogging scraps you choose to throw my way! And I am really curious about the Awards show. Sarah is right--you are such a fantastic, creative mom!

Emily said...

So, I can't stand the never ending roar at our house with kids yelling and fighting and throwing things...an afternoon of peace is what every mom needs so she doesn't lose it by the end of the day. We will miss you on the river...Ben isn't wearing his speedo! Looking forward to an awesome Halloween party! Chunky legs? You'll have to fill me in...

Emily

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

I was in a funk with the blog too. I finally started to update the summer events and have decided just to move on. I need to figure out a few things on blogging, like can we print this?