Monday, September 14, 2009

Rockband

So Jaykob saved his money all summer and with his birthday money from grandparents he bought Rockband for the WII. We've all been having a little too much fun on it and as my kids go about their daily business I'm constantly catching them singing "Eye of the Tiger" word for word. It's kind of cute and endearing and all that UNTIL it made me realize what a crappy parent I was. On our way home from church two Sundays ago, I urged my kids to sing "How Firm a Foundation" as they would be singing it in front of the whole congregation in just a few more weeks for the Church Primary Program. They knew maybe half of the first verse. I decided that maybe we should put the WII aside until we knew our Primary songs a little better, but as you can see I caved...just look how cute this is...

SO, here is my idea all you LDS marketing geniuses out there...a Primary song version for Rockband! I don't mean to go all Pentecostal on you or anything, but brilliant, right? I mean it certainly would make my job, and not to mention the Primary President's job, a bit easier.

12 comments:

Beth said...

Gavin sings, "bad to the bone" great idea

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Amen sista!! They could use a little "help" in the primary song department. Just wait and see what I mean . . .

Rockelle said...

Rolling on floor laughing...( I actually did pee my pants)...
Loved it...nice couches too!

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness that was darling!! Look at that baby rock those drums!! I am ALL FOR a Primary version of Rockband! Sounds like a GREAT IDEA!! ;)

Janessa Couch said...

It is funny how my girls do the same thing. We have the American Idol WII Karaoke and they know all of the songs on there, but the Primary songs, nope. I would invest in your primary version of rockband. :)

Jennifer said...

Mary totally has the sultry throaty thing going on. The next Osmond family, coming up! I can't believe how much Mary has grown up this last year--she's getting so pretty and tall!

Great video--you will cherish that in ten years!

Jennifer said...

btw: Ethan is over my shoulder making me play this video over and over, so he can see "Max and Jaykob's family." Isn't that funny?

megadog said...

Clara is the drumming queen. That is so cute. She actually looks like she knows what she's doing too. What a doll!

Helen said...

OK Rachel - you have brothers in the music capitol (LA). Get them on the path to finical security with your idea. It would be way popular with the LDS crowd and even all of those other Christian groups. Add a few Jewish,Muslim, and Hindu songs and you'll have most of your bases covered. Hear that guys???

Helen said...

OK, I meant to say financial security - I don't think there is such a word as finical!

Sarah Heder said...

The song Mary is singing is performed by a band that I saw live in concert before that No Doubt concert I went to. Sweet. Primary rockband is a brilliant idea!

Annette said...

That is such a great game! We played it last Thanksgiving with all the family and had so much fun! Can't wait to get our own! your kids are so cute!