Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hood to Coast


Q: What do you get when you put a lot of stinky, sweaty, hungry, muscle-aching, sleep deprived people in a van for 29 hours?
A: A whole heck of a lot of crazy fun...that's what!
And I'm not kidding. This is the 2nd time that Jason and I have organized a team for the Hood to Coast and it just keeps getting more and more fun. Why you ask? I'm not quite sure except that it's just one of those unique kind of adventures when shared with a fun group of people, that puts you in this crazy endorphin induced buzz (Jen, thanks for that one) that you just can't seem to shake. For those reading this and don't know what Hood to Coast is, it is the largest relay in the world that starts at Mt. Hood and ends up in Seaside, Oregon. We have a team of 12 runners and each runner runs 3 legs of the race for a total of 197 miles. Between our legs, the runners try to eat and rest while living in "a van down by the river"...the Willamette that is.
Thanks Meg, James, Amber, Scott, Stefan, Paisley, Chi, Michelle, Dan, Jen, Derrick, Paul and Jenny for a great weekend!
Check me out starting the race...

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great post, Rache! I'm still working on mine (okay, I haven't started...) That startup pic is great; even funnier when you know they were actually counting down to startoff as we were taking the shot! You were such a champ with that first leg--it was a killer on the knees. You look so cute in the photo--totally HOT and SKINNY!. Great job this weekend, to you and everyone. It was the most fun I've since I can remember--thanks so much for planning it all and inviting us. You should get a medal just for organizing it!

And just remember: Slow is the new phast!

p.s. when are we hanging out again? I'm already in need of another R&J fix.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Way to go!! We cheered you on all weekend. "Mary, your mom is running right now. Mary, your mom and dad are half way. Mary, they're probably in Seaside right now. Mary, I bet your parents stink!"

I'm so glad you made it and made so many great, odd and eventful memories!

Tonya said...

It sure looks like you guys are having fun. I'm glad you enjoy it.

P.S. Love the picture in your header. Your kids are getting so big.

Sarah Heder said...

Well, I'm officially jealous! It sounds like an amazing experience! So happy that everything turned out well and you guys had such a great time. One day, when I stop having babies, I'll be able to join you!

megadog said...

Thanks for a fantastic experience. My elbow is healing well and there is little residual pain. Loved it once again. Can't wait for the next go round!
By the way, your header picture is seriously TO DIE FOR!

meg said...

HOt and skinny - that's us. I know I said I'd never do another race but we have to do this at least one more time... as long as you can stand to organize it again. I have a special place in my heart for our team and it would be sad if we didn't regroup again. Once again, thanks for all your hard work.

Helen said...

I can't stand being left out of all of the fun. Dad and I have to get our act together and do it with you next time!!!! I'm not kidding!