Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer so far...


has gone ridiculously fast. I always look forward to those lazy days of summer after a hectic school year and the lazy part never seems to kick in. Since school got out we have managed to get in berry picking, dance recital, science camp, company BBQ, two birthday parties for Max, a visit from Diana, basketball camp, a fun 4th of July, painting camp, YMCA camp, Safety Town, and a concert in the park. And it's only the middle of summer! This weekend we have our camping trip to look forward to and then we come back for dance camp, bike rodeo and off we go on our California trip and the list continues after that...sewing camp, golf camp, dance camp, Hood to Coast. Phew! I'm trying not to complain because the minute I let my kids have any idle time, they can start in on the whining, teasing and the "mom, I'm bored"s. But I will vow to take my kids to the pool and the park more than once this summer...overscheduled kids never have time to be creative, right?
A hot, fun 4th of July with 5k race, parade, friends, BBQ and fireworks ...
and festive patriotic cupcakes...
Happy 5th Birthday Max!




Two naughty cousins hiding out in grandma's pantry...


A beautiful day at the Oregon Coast during Madeline's visit...
Nothing's better than picking berries in Oregon in the summer...After Mary and Jaykob's dance recital...

Yummy blueberries at Aunt Jeannie's house...








8 comments:

Sara said...

Can Max really be 5? I remember when he was born! It really doesn't seem like that long ago.

Leslie said...

I am incredibly jealous of that berry picking! I love Oregon!!

Our Ryan turned 5 this summer as well!

Our summer has been the same... and while I feel the need to slow it down at any cost, the cost of bored whining children isn't necessarily worth it. ;)

Heather said...

Wow! You have been busy. We went berry picking the other day too. It was lots of fun.

Janessa Couch said...

I love the berry picking picture with berries all over her face. Sounds like a fun summer so far but I agree that it is going too fast.

Staci said...

Happy Birthday Max! It looks like you guys are having a great time. We are ever striving for the balance between planned and spontaneous fun, as well.

Sarah Heder said...

Wow. Just reading this post makes me feel incredibly lazy. I had no idea Diana went to visit you guys. How fun! And that really, truly is THE most adorable picture of Clara picking berries. Max is 5?! For real?! Time flies. I'm just looking forward to the part of your summer when you come out to California. Less than a week!

Jennifer said...

Rache, I hear you on the busyness/whinyness. I feel like either we're running like crazy or my kids are watching obscene amounts of T.V. I guess I should keep them home AND turn the TV off, but then I'd actually have to parent, which leaves little time for reading your blog. :)

Noelle said...

This sounds exactly like out summer. We aren't even planning a vacation this summer. I was hoping to just enjoy those "lazy days" by the swimming pool and not feel like we had to "be somewhere" the entire time. RIGHT!

Actually, we are having a great summer.....it's just going way too fast.