Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Tag


I borrowed this idea from my friend Tonya. It looked fun. Here it goes...

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags?...Definetely wrapping paper...I prefer solids, stripes or a subtle print with thick fancy ribbon

2. Real Tree or artificial?...for sure real...we're Oregonians.

3. When do you put up the tree?..The first weekend of December

4. When do you take the tree down?... Usually right after the New Year.

5. Do you like egg nog?... in small doses

6. Favorite gift received as a child?... baby doll

7. Hardest person to buy for?...my parents

8. Easiest person to buy for?...the kids

9. Do you have a nativity scene?...Yes...we currently have 3 displayed

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?...Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?... I've never met a gift I didn't love

12. Favorite Christmas movie?... It's a toss up...Christmas Vacation or Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?... Whenever I see a good deal

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? ...Yes, as a white elephant gift

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? ... Judy's bon bons and Hershey's Candy Cane or Mint Truffle Kisses
16. Lights on the tree? ... YES--all white and about 4000 (we counted this year)
17. Favorite Christmas Song?...Anything on the John Denver & the Muppets Christmas album
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? ... Home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? ...Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet, Cupid and Donner and Blitzen and of Course Rudolph.
20. Angel on top of the tree or star? ...Star
21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Morning?... Both because we celebrate with each side of the families on different days.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? ... shopping on Saturdays
23. Favorite ornament?...I like the Margaret Furlongs that my mom started collecting for me
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?... Smoked Salmon Pasta
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? ... a new computer

11 comments:

Rockelle said...

Beautiful Tree Rachel!
What a smokin good deal too!
I cant wait to have a tall tree someday!

Beth said...

Randy grew up with the John Denver muppet Christmas record. So our kids now have it on CD and love it too.

Sarah Heder said...

You never met a gift you didn't love, but you've used gifts you've received as white elephant gifts. Does that mean you didn't like them? Hmmmm . . .

By the way, your Christmas tree looks beautiful!!! Gorgeous! I gotta work on my collection of Christmas decorations.

Rachel said...

I didn't know that you eat me but I do like bon bons!!!! love Mary

Emily said...

Ok, it's so Oregonian Christmas at your house! I love the stocking holders!! So jealous because we have tons of christmas trees outside our doors and we are using our artificial one from Utah...too afraid of burning the house down and we don't own lights anymore...isn't that sad? Next year for sure!!

Jennifer said...

Rache--I need your smoked salmon pasta recipe! That sounds delish, and I've been wanting to try something new for Christmas dinner.

Also, how funny, we are hoping "Santa" brings us a new computer this year, as well. I swear I'll really start blogging once I have one.

Jennifer said...

And where did you find your stocking holders? Love em!

megadog said...

Your house is just perfectly jaunty and lovely. I am in dire need of stocking holders myself. They are on the end of my bed this year.
What can you do?

Arritt said...

Hey Rachel- I got to your blog through Leslie's and I thought I'd say Hi! So, Merry Christmas to you and your fam! Your house looks picture perfect! Karley Arritt

Athack77 said...

Okay I'm totally blog crashing people we used to know. It was fun to see your family, my how kids grow. We hope you're doing well. BTW- I like your Christmas tag!
Amy Thackeray :o)

Janessa Couch said...

Just something kinda funny that I had to share with you. I did the primary slideshow and last night after I was done making 70 copies of it I saw down to watch it and what did I find? Your son, Jaycob, with his finger up his nose!!!!!!!! I can not believe that I did not see it earlier and there is no going back now so I am so sorry and want to apologize, but it is pretty funny.